Computer Repair Information
If your PC got reloaded, You need to Reconnect to your WIFI it’s on Bottom Right next to date and Time;
ANY old programs such as Microsoft Office. Will need to be reloaded, only data can be transferred, not applications, Applications Were never Included free when you purchased the PC, it’s your responsibility no know your License Information.
- Data that was retrieved is in the User Shortcut on the Desktop, user’s data is copied Back to its User data Folder, to access your Data, click on Shortcut to Data on your Desktop, click on Documents, Pictures, Downloads …, Bookmarks from Chrome – Edge and Firefox will need to be recreated unless backed up by you before the reload. If you have multiple Users the data will be saved under c:\old, there is a shortcut on the desktop.
- When attempting to open an old Document, if you get the message that Windows doesn’t know what to do with this File and asks you to browse the web or select it from a List, DO NOT *** try it, this is your warning that you must load the application from a CD or Download it. Failure to do so could result in another reload.
- If your printer is local and a USB, Do Not Plug it in until you load the CD;
Your printer will need to be reloaded, DO NOT PLUG your printer back in to the computer until you load the printer software first, during the install process your software should ask you to connect your printer now. Do so and continue to follow the instructions.
If your PC got a Tune-up, MM Pack, Virus Removal or reload; you need run the tools manually they are not automatic,
- Virus Software; We replaced any Existing Versions with a free one unless we were directed not to do so. We use Defender from Microsoft, it is a White Shield located in the Taskbar area by the Clock,
- CCleaner is loaded on your PC; it needs to be run manually once a week, Double Click on RED CCleaner Icon, Answer Yes if asked to Run, then Click on the Custom Cleaner button on top Left, Then Click on Run. When it says 100% your done, We recommend that you don’t run the other options or Download any Updates if asked.
- Malware-Bytes ; Double Click Malware byes (blue M) on desktop, Answer Yes if asked to run, then Click on Scan Button in the Bottom Center. Malware is a great Application to Purchase, its not much and well worth the Price.
- ANYDESK; Double Click on the Red icon with two white diamonds, this app allows us to connect to your PC for small fixes or to show you something simple. Answer yes if asked, then read us the This Desk ID so we can help.
- Your Internet Browsers are reset back to factory defaults; all password information may be reset. You may need to redo login information for banking or other password sites. We also load Google Chrome and Firefox, not all browsers work on all Web sites. It is very common to bounce between browsers, Bookmarks will need to be recreated.
There is a Shortcut on the Desktop to Themes, it contains multiple Themes that change your background to something other than the default, you don’t need to use one but its nice to have, just open the folder and Double Click on any to try them.
User data is Accessed thru the Shortcut to User Data Icon on Desktop.. it looks like a Folder with a Icon of a person on it, or by clicking on the This PC Icon and Browsing thru the structure.